East Central Missouri Solid Waste Management District
East Central Missouri Recycling Centerrecycle@boonslick.org
The recycling center provides a drop off area which is open to the public Wed. – Fri. from 8:00-4:30 and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00
Patrons may bring items and will be asked to sort them into designated containers. If there is a charge for any item, it is listed below. The recycling center accepts only cash or checks.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- Paper products – Office paper, books, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
- Chipboard – Cereal boxes (remove liner) soda cartons, etc.
- Cardboard/OCC – Boxes (flattened), brown grocery bags, pizza boxes (clean)
- Glass – Clear and colored bottles and jars (remove caps and corks). Due to a change in vendor, there is a $1.00 charge for each tote of glass.
- Plastics – Water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, colored plastic containers, PET #1 & HDPE #2 (please rinse) Please note: Containers that have held oil or antifreeze are NOT accepted. No plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic lined bags will be accepted, as there is no outlet to recycle these materials at this time.
- Aluminum – Cans and containers
- Metals – Tin cans, scrap metal, copper, wire
- Major Appliances – Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Small Appliances – Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwave ovens (Anything with a cord)
- Batteries – Car batteries, cell phone batteries, lead acid batteries NO CRACKED OR LEAKING BATTERIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. We DO NOT ACCEPT alkaline batteries (button, AA, AAA, C, D)
THE EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI RECYCLING CENTER ACCEPTS MOTOR OIL, CFLs, FLUORESCENT TUBES, ELECTRONICS, AND SCRAP TIRES FROM RESIDENTS OR FARMERS ONLY.
- Used Motor Oil
- CFLs – Compact fluorescent bulbs (no charge for this item)
4′ Fluorescent Bulbs – T12 bulbs are $1.50, T8 bulbs are $1.00NO LONGER ACCEPTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Tires – Cost for recycling tires is $5.00 for each passenger car and truck tire and $10.00 for each large tire. The cost for tractor tires is three times the rim size. This service is for residents. No tires will be accepted from businesses which provide automotive services, or which charge a fee to customers to dispose of tires.
- Electronics – Computers, monitors*, printers, TVs*, etc. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Computer monitors – $15.00
- Flat screen televisions (any size) -$15.00
- Televisions up to 21″ – $15.00
- Televisions 22″ to 32″ – $20.00
- Televisions 33″ to 39″ – $30.00
- Televisions 40″ and larger – $40.00
- Any size console television – $40.00
- Rear projection television – $40.00
Do you have any questions?
Are you interested in volunteering at the recycling center?
Call Boonslick Regional Planning Commission (636) 456-3473
Missouri Department of Natural Resources Directory