East Central Missouri Recycling Center
THE RECYCLING CENTER WILL BE CLOSED THANKSGIVING DAY.
UPDATE for the Recycling Center.
Due to ever-changing conditions with recycling markets, the outlets and outputs for recycled materials, and COVD-19 related issues, we are changing hours at the Recycling Center. Beginning the week of August 17, we will be open to the public on Wed., Thurs., and Fri. from 8:00am to 4:30pm and on Sat. from 8:00am to 12:00pm. We will not be open to the public on Tuesdays!
Glass is still accepted; however, if contributions are not made to defray the costs for recycling, we will have to make a change and no longer take glass. The requested amount is only $1 per tote/bag.
Many communities and recycling centers have changed the amount of items they will accept with their contracts or have reduced curb side pickups and options. We have continued to accept these products on a year- round basis.
We appreciate your support over the years, and we look to provide you with better guaranteed service/hours and the availability to reduce items going to the landfills. Moving forward with the new world that we all live in, we will offer you as much as we can.
Any questions, please let us firstname.lastname@example.org
The recycling center provides a drop off area which is open to the public Wednesday through Friday from 8:00-4:30 and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00. Patrons may bring items and will be asked to sort them into designated containers.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- Paper products – Office paper, books, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
- Chipboard – Cereal boxes (remove liner) soda cartons, etc.
- Cardboard/OCC – Boxes (flattened), brown grocery bags, pizza boxes (clean)
- Glass – Clear and colored bottles and jars (remove caps and corks). Due to a change in vendor, there is a $1.00 charge for each tote of glass.
- Plastics – Water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, colored plastic containers, PET #1 & HDPE #2 (please rinse) Please note: Containers that have held oil or antifreeze are NOT accepted. No plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic lined bags will be accepted, as there is no outlet to recycle these materials at this time.
- Aluminum – Cans and containers
- Metals – Tin cans, scrap metal, copper, wire
- Major Appliances – Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Small Appliances – Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwave ovens (Anything with a cord)
- Batteries – Car batteries, cell phone batteries, lead acid batteries (NO cracked or leaking batteries will be accepted)
- Wooden Pallets
- CDs, DVDs– Please note: Video casettes will NOT be accepted.
THE EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI RECYCLING CENTER ACCEPTS MOTOR OIL, CFLs, FLUORESCENT TUBES, ELECTRONICS, AND SCRAP TIRES FROM RESIDENTS OR FARMERS ONLY.
- Used Motor Oil
- CFLs – Compact fluorescent bulbs (no charge for this item)
4′ Fluorescent Bulbs – T12 bulbs are $1.50, T8 bulbs are $1.00nNO LONGER ACCEPTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Tires – Cost for recycling tires is $4.00 for each passenger car and truck tire and $10.00 for each large tire. The cost for tractor tires is three times the first number on the tire. This service is for residents. No tires will be accepted from businesses which provide automotive services or which charge a fee to customers to dispose of tires.
- Electronics – Computers, monitors*, printers, TVs*, etc. Unfortunately, we have had a change in our electronics vendor that has resulted in increased costs to see that the items recovered are recycled. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Computer monitors – $15.00
- Flat screen televisions (any size) -$15.00
- Televisions up to 21″ – $15.00
- Televisions 22″ to 32″ – $20.00
- Televisions 33″ to 39″ – $30.00
- Televisions 40″ and larger – $40.00
- Any size console television – $40.00
- Rear projection television – $40.00
Do you have any questions?
Are you interested in volunteering at the recycling center?
Call Boonslick Regional Planning Commission (636) 456-3473