East Central Missouri Recycling Centerrecycle@boonslick.org
The recycling center provides a drop off area which is open to the public Wed. – Fri. from 8:00-4:30 and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00
Patrons may bring items and will be asked to sort them into designated containers. If there is a charge for any item, it is listed below. The recycling center accepts only cash or checks.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- Paper products – Office paper, books, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
- The recycling center can shred paper documents for customers. The cost is $8.00 per box (size of paper ream box) or $10.00 per box (size of banker box).
- Chipboard – Cereal boxes (remove liner) soda cartons, etc.
- Cardboard/OCC – Boxes (flattened), brown grocery bags, pizza boxes (clean)
- Glass – Clear and colored bottles and jars (remove caps and corks). Due to a change in vendor, there is a $1.00 charge for each tote of glass.
- Plastics – Water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, colored plastic containers, PET #1 & HDPE #2 (please rinse) Please note: Containers that have held oil or antifreeze are NOT accepted. No plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic lined bags will be accepted, as there is no outlet to recycle these materials at this time.
- Aluminum – Cans and containers
- Metals – Tin cans, scrap metal, copper, wire
- Major Appliances – Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Small Appliances – Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwave ovens (Anything with a cord)
- Batteries – Car batteries, cell phone batteries, lead acid batteries NO CRACKED OR LEAKING BATTERIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. We DO NOT ACCEPT alkaline batteries (button, AA, AAA, C, D)
THE EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI RECYCLING CENTER ACCEPTS MOTOR OIL, ELECTRONICS, AND SCRAP TIRES FROM RESIDENTS OR FARMERS ONLY.
- Used Motor Oil
CFLs – Compact fluorescent bulbs –NO LONGER ACCEPTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE 4′ Fluorescent Bulbs –NO LONGER ACCEPTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Tires – This service is for residents. NO tires will be accepted from businesses. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Passenger car and truck tires – $10.00
- Semi, dump truck tires – $20.00
- Small tires (such as 4-wheeler, lawn mower) – $8.00
- Wheelbarrow tires – $5.00
- Tractor tires – Amount is three times the rim size.
- Electronics – Computers, monitors*, printers, TVs*, etc. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Computer monitors – $15.00
- Flat screen televisions (any size) -$15.00
- Televisions up to 21″ – $15.00
- Televisions 22″ to 32″ – $20.00
- Televisions 33″ to 39″ – $30.00
- Televisions 40″ and larger – $40.00
- Any size console television – $40.00
- Rear projection television – $40.00
Do you have any questions?
Are you interested in volunteering at the recycling center?
Call Boonslick Regional Planning Commission (636) 456-3473