East Central Missouri Recycling Center
The recycling center provides a drop off area which is open to the public Tuesday through Friday from 8:00-5:00 and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00. Patrons may bring items and will be asked to sort them into designated containers.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- Paper products – Office paper, books, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
- Chipboard – Cereal boxes (remove liner) soda cartons, etc.
- Cardboard/OCC – Boxes (flattened), brown grocery bags, pizza boxes (clean)
- Glass – Clear and colored bottles and jars (remove caps and corks). Due to a change in vendor, there is a $1.00 charge for each tote of glass.
- Plastics – Water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, colored plastic containers, PET #1 & HDPE #2 (please rinse and remove lids) Please note: Containers that have held oil or antifreeze are NOT accepted.
- Aluminum – Cans and containers
- Metals – Tin cans, scrap metal, copper, wire
- Major Appliances – Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Small Appliances – Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwave ovens (Anything with a cord)
- Used Motor Oil
- CFLs – Compact fluorescent bulbs (no charge for this item)
- 4′ Fluorescent Bulbs – T12 bulbs are $1.50, T8 bulbs are $1.00
- Batteries – Car batteries, cell phone batteries, lead acid batteries (NO cracked or leaking batteries will be accepted)
- Wooden Pallets
- CDs, DVDs – PLEASE NOTE: VIDEO CASETTE TAPES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Clothing, textiles & shoes
- Tires – Cost for recycling tires is $3.00 for each passenger car and truck tire and $9.00 for each large tire. This service is for residents. No tires will be accepted from businesses which provide automotive services or which charge a fee to customers to dispose of tires.
- Empty toner cartridges
- Electronics – Computers, monitors*, printers, TVs*, etc. Unfortunately, we have had a change in our electronics vendor that has resulted in increased costs to see that the items recovered are recycled. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Computer monitors – $15.00
- Flat screen televisions (any size) -$15.00
- Televisions up to 21″ – $15.00
- Televisions 22″ to 32″ – $20.00
- Televisions 33″ to 39″ – $30.00
- Televisions 40″ and larger – $40.00
- Any size console television – $40.00
- Rear projection television – $40.00