East Central Missouri Recycling Center
Earth Day 2020
April 22, 2020 – the 50th anniversary of Earth Day – represents another milestone. It is the 10th anniversary of the opening of the East Central Missouri Recycling Center. The facility has offered an opportunity for area residents to recycle many different items, including those not typically collected in curbside programs. We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who use the recycling center. Due to their efforts, more than 2,500 tons of material has been diverted from landfills. Making a difference!
The recycling center provides a drop off area which is open to the public Tuesday through Friday from 8:00-5:00 and on Saturdays from 8:00-12:00. Patrons may bring items and will be asked to sort them into designated containers.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- Paper products – Office paper, books, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
- Chipboard – Cereal boxes (remove liner) soda cartons, etc.
- Cardboard/OCC – Boxes (flattened), brown grocery bags, pizza boxes (clean)
- Glass – Clear and colored bottles and jars (remove caps and corks). Due to a change in vendor, there is a $1.00 charge for each tote of glass.
- Plastics – Water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, colored plastic containers, PET #1 & HDPE #2 (please rinse) Please note: Containers that have held oil or antifreeze are NOT accepted. No plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic lined bags will be accepted, as there is no outlet to recycle these materials at this time.
- Aluminum – Cans and containers
- Metals – Tin cans, scrap metal, copper, wire
- Major Appliances – Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, water heaters
- Small Appliances – Coffee makers, toasters, blenders, microwave ovens (Anything with a cord)
- Batteries – Car batteries, cell phone batteries, lead acid batteries (NO cracked or leaking batteries will be accepted)
- Wooden Pallets
- CDs, DVDs– Please note: Video casettes will NOT be accepted.
THE EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI RECYCLING CENTER ACCEPTS MOTOR OIL, CFLs, FLUORESCENT TUBES, ELECTRONICS, AND SCRAP TIRES FROM RESIDENTS OR FARMERS ONLY.
- Used Motor Oil
- CFLs – Compact fluorescent bulbs (no charge for this item)
- 4′ Fluorescent Bulbs – T12 bulbs are $1.50, T8 bulbs are $1.00
- Tires – Cost for recycling tires is $4.00 for each passenger car and truck tire and $10.00 for each large tire. The cost for tractor tires is three times the first number on the tire. This service is for residents. No tires will be accepted from businesses which provide automotive services or which charge a fee to customers to dispose of tires.
- Electronics – Computers, monitors*, printers, TVs*, etc. Unfortunately, we have had a change in our electronics vendor that has resulted in increased costs to see that the items recovered are recycled. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Computer monitors – $15.00
- Flat screen televisions (any size) -$15.00
- Televisions up to 21″ – $15.00
- Televisions 22″ to 32″ – $20.00
- Televisions 33″ to 39″ – $30.00
- Televisions 40″ and larger – $40.00
- Any size console television – $40.00
- Rear projection television – $40.00
Do you have any questions?
Are you interested in volunteering at the recycling center?
Call Boonslick Regional Planning Commission (636) 456-3473